Innovative Solutions to Power Aruba
Stimulus & Investment in Aruba
Investing $100m (182,000,000 florin) in frastructure directly in Aruba to create jobs and reduce energy cost by 100's of millions of florins, and reduce the air pollution nad carbon emmissions of electricity production while helping to revitalize 'Refineria di Aruba'.
Approximately 80 to 100 construction jobs during construction period.
Long Term Impact
Create 10 - 20 permanent high skilled jobs at the terminal for 20+ years. Will also require port captains, tug boats etc. for docking ship, not necessarily new jobs but more work for the people who have those jobs. These numbers could easily rise when LNG is exported or used to bunker ships, also when we do on-island distribution and even break bulk to neighboring countries.
The Age of Gas Brings the Pathway to Zero Carbon
Energy & Water Costs
Cost Reductions - In 2019 alone using LNG would have cost 30-25% less than HFO, this lower cost of energy would have been directly passed onto the electricity and water consumers of Aruba.
Foreign Investment - Competitively priced and cleaner energy will attract foreign investments.
Unlocking the Future
Powering Aruba with LNG will attract the newest and most modern cruise ships and container ships. Did you know almost all new cruise ships use LNG to be environmentally friendlier? Eagle LNG already bunkers the two most modern containerships in the Caribbean with LNG on a weekly basis and has bunkered other ships like renewable bio-diesel carriers going to Europe.
LNG can be distributed across the island and shipped to neighboring island to replace expensive polluting fuels, should use this to lead into the next point and foreign investment. Eagle LNG already does this in the Caribbean etc.
New Industries in Aruba
Lower and cleaner energy will allow for new industry.
New Technology Development and Skills
The Age of Gas goes beyond LNG. Humanity’s future will be powered with even lower carbon solutions, particularly hydrogen. LNG is a step in that journey and the infrastructure and skills developed in Aruba will be transferrable to hydrogen developments around the world in the future.
U.S Natural Gas - Low, Stable and Reliable Energy Costs for Generations
- Shipping – Proximity to Eagle LNG Liquefaction site equals faster and direct shipping. This translates into lower cost natural gas for Aruba
- Economical – lower cost of natural gas for Aruba, more job creation
- Safer – a proven safety record with well-established standards, guidelines and operating protocols
- Cleaner – no harm to reef due to utilization of existing marine infrastructure
- Import Terminal in RdA - Building a terminal in RdA is the best in terms of job creation, cost and the environment, can use existing marine infrastructure meaning no harm is done to the reef compared to other proposed possible locations for the terminal from other parties.
- Pipeline to WEB - New pipeline will be built along existing pipeline and will be trenched, underground instead of above ground like current HFO pipeline in some places. That makes it safer and helps create more local construction jobs.
ABOUT CAREERS AT EAGLE LNG ARUBA
At Eagle LNG, we value people, teamwork and the depth of our talented workforce.
Discover what makes a career at Eagle LNG ARUBA unique, meet the team of people working in the organization.
At Eagle LNG, we’ve harnessed incomparable expertise with the most creative minds into a team that works relentlessly to deliver innovative, dependable solutions. Our foundation is built on people who value robust partnerships, strong personal relationships, and a team-oriented commitment to excellence in all we do.
Meet the team.
Please tell us about yourself.